- Job ID: 109319
- Location: Santa Fe
- Posting End Date: 11/19/2019
- Agency: Economic Development Department
- Full-Time, Regular – PERM for State
- Salary: $22.84-$39.74 hourly, $47,510-$82,667 annually (Pay Band 80).
Interviews are anticipated to be conducted within two weeks of closing date.
Why does the job exist?
This position will coordinate MainStreet programming throughout New Mexico
How does it get done?
This position will:
- Coordinate New Mexico MainStreet (NMMS) Capital Outlay and Public Infrastructure funding
- Assist local governments and the local revitalization partners in securing state funding for the public infrastructure improvements
- Facilitate in the designation of a Metropolitan Redevelopment Area (MRA) with program staff and community stakeholders
- Collect and compile data for funding requirements, data tracking and research best practices
Who are the customers?
- State of New Mexico and local governments
- Local organizations and companies
- Citizens of the State of New Mexico
The ideal candidate has experience in the following:
- Customer service with strong verbal and written communication
- Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Community organizing and outreach
- Organization and attention to detail
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Economic Development, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Historic Preservation, Communications/Journalism, Community Development, Urban Design, Urban / Regional Planning, or any related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) degree from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of experience in economic or community development programs. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below. Economic Development Certification (CED), National Development Council (NDC), or Economic Development Institute (EDI) Certification is preferred.
Detailed job description (pdf).
Please review the SPO Application Guideline, www.spo.state.nm.us/applicationguide, as all applicants MUST APPLY through the State Personnel Office and MUST FOLLOW THEIR PROTOCOL to be considered.